During these hot summer days it can be a difficult thing to save energy. Here are some great tips to help you save!
1. Keep your blinds, drapes or shades closed during the day.
2. Use ceiling fans or windows fans instead of air conditioning. Ceiling and window fans use much less electricity.
3. Only use air conditioning when it is really hot outside.
4. Clean or replace your air conditioning filters every month (in both central and window air conditioners). Give us a call here at Kappl if you have questions about this!
5. Turn the thermostat up a few degrees when you have the air conditioning on. 74 degrees is very comfortable and you are saving up to 5% on your electric bills for each degree of temperature change.
6. If you can, shade your air conditioning unit. If your unit is in the bright sun, it will use up to 5% more energy than if it was in the shade
Using any of these tips will help you save on energy costs. The final tip is this: It may be time to replace your aging AC give us a call here at Kappl and we can help you determine exactly what you need to do.